Winter Morning Quinoa Porridge
Posted on November 29, 2012 by Amy Krasner
Since the mornings tend to be pretty rushed, I always try to pull together a quick and easily digestible meal. This nutrient-dense, low-inflammatory breakfast option can be made in a matter of minutes!
- 3/4 cups coconut milk (or any other dairy-free milk alternative)
- 3/4 cup cooked or sprouted quinoa*
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed
- Hemp Protein Powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8-10 almonds, chopped
- Handful of berries
- Heat medium-sized sauce pan. Add coconut milk and quinoa. Stir until heated through.
- Add ground flax seed, protein powder and cinnamon. Stir until well combined. Add water or more coconut milk if texture is too thick.
- Place mixture into a bowl and top with almonds and berries.
This recipe is a winter spin on my Nutty Yogurt and Quinoa Breakfast creation.