Sweet and Spicy Chicken Thighs (Paleo Friendly!)
Posted on July 30, 2015 by Amy Krasner
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Thighs
Write a review
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees
- Melt raw honey over medium heat in a small sauce pan.
- Rinse chicken thighs in cold water and pat dry. Lightly season with half of the sea salt, garlic, powder, onion powder and chili flakes.
- Preheat a large oven-safe pan over medium heat. Melt the coconut oil.
- Pour the honey over the chicken thighs, place them in the oven safe pan, skin-side down. Cook for 2 minutes or until the skin is browned. Flip the chicken thighs and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Place the pan in the oven for 20 minutes. Or, until chicken is cooked all the way through- cut into the center of the chicken thigh to make sure there is no ‘pink’ and that the juices are clear.
- Remove from oven, and enjoy
Nourished Balance https://www.nourishedbalance.com/