GUEST RECIPE: Pom-Raspberry Chia Puddin’
Posted on September 11, 2017 by Amy Krasner
Today’s post is a recipe from my friend Jenna Carpenter’s website! Jenna is an avid rock climber, yoga teacher, and fellow health coach. I’ve really been enjoying the simple recipes on her website and her cookbook so I thought I would share one of my favorites with you!
Jenna put together this delicious spin on a traditional chia seed pudding. This recipe is super versatile, it can be used as a snack, dessert, or even as part of your breakfast!
Enjoy this quick and easy grab-and-go option.
- 2 cups almond milk
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of pink salt
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 drops dark liquid stevia
- Place milk in a medium bowl, slowly stir in chia seeds, add other ingredients and mix together. Taste and adjust sweetener to your preference. Refrigerate 30 minutes until set.
- In a small bowl mix and mash fruit along with sweetener of your liking. Add a few drops of water or cold hibiscus tea and then stir in chia seeds, let sit for a few minutes.
- Grab a few small glass jars and spread nut butter in the bottom. Add the chia pudding and then the jam. Top with cacao nibs. Eat within 1 week of making.
Jenna Carpenter’s journey into wellness started in 2009 when she taught her first yoga class in San Diego. The mindfulness cultivated on her yoga mat eventually started to spread into other areas of her life. After facing some health issues while traveling in Central America, Jenna went back to school at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition based in New York. She now helps her clients get closer to their health goals via a holistic cleanse program and finding balance in their lifestyle choices. To find out more, go to her website jennacarpenter.org