Strawberry & Kale Smoothie
Posted on November 4, 2012 by Amy Krasner
Starting your morning with balanced meal is SO important. A balanced breakfast includes protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats. This will help to boost your brain power and to reduce cravings later on in the day. Most breakfasts are mainly carbohydrate based, which will only give you a short boost of energy- leaving you with lower energy levels later in the day.
- 3-4 frozen Strawberries
- 3 leaves Kale or Spinach
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk or filtered water
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Butter or Coconut butter
- 2 Mint leaves, chopped
- 1 scoop vanilla Protein powder
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth
I like this smoothie because it is a nice mix of sweet and refreshing flavors. If you have never put kale in your smoothie before, go ahead and try something new. It is a great way to get some greens in your body first thing in the morning.