Cucumber Cilantro Sauce Recipe
Posted on May 10, 2014 by Amy Krasner
Say hello to a very yummy sauce. This cucumber cilantro sauce is full a fresh citrus flavor and loaded with refreshing herbs. If you want to make a dish taste good, don’t forget the fresh herbs!!
This I got this recipe from one of my favorite breakfast restaurants in San Diego, Mission Coffee Cup. (When I say one of my favorites, I mean that I go there EVERY weekend! ) I noticed that the chef had a cook book called Isabel’s Cantina and decided that I had to have it. Since I bought the book, I have tried several recipes and have really enjoyed the latin/asian fusion with the ingredients she combines. Most of the recipes are really healthy and easy to make.
This sauce is great to put over any light fish. I also got kind of crazy with it at breakfast yesterday and poured it over my quinoa, shredded chicken and swiss chard bowl. No regrets on that one!
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor until almost smooth, leave a little bit of texture.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving or for up to 2 days.